Kuehne + Nagel develops and delivers customised aerospace solutions for manufacturers, leasing companies, airlines and services companies. These companies specialise in maintenance, repair, overhaul (MRO), ground handling and in-flight services.
Central to Kuehne + Nagel’s solutions is our “Supply the Sky” model for developing an integrated range of logistics services for the aerospace industry.
The complex demands of the industry in terms of product variety and dimensions, the advanced distribution networks plus stringent accuracy and safety requirements make the underlying services unique. The “Supply the Sky" solution covers competencies across the full aircraft lifecycle.
Kuehne + Nagel delivers services across a global network, of over 65 gateways served by more than
3000 dedicated aerospace staff implementing proven, best-in-class processes and leveraging powerful information technology.
Kuehne + Nagel solutions for aerospace
Dedicated engine transport teams provide support and professional service as well as extensive knowledge and experience. The solution is based on strictly regulated processes, shipment monitoring and proactive intervention to ensure the expected results.
The most important benefits:
- Greater control.
- Reduced risk of damage due to care and attention when transporting engines
- Save time by limiting daily operational problems.
- Greater satisfaction with better visibility and performance
- Reduced inventory and costs
Each KN EngineChain shipment uses:
- Dedicated, trained and certified engine logistics specialists around the world.
- Instructions and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) that go beyond applicable industry regulations.
- A certified database of air carriers (if possible) to limit the risk.
- Guidelines approved by the QSHE department (Quality, Health, Safety and Environment).
- Photographs taken by assessed and certified carriers transporting goods at critical control points (CCPs).
- Process tracking and monitoring capabilities using KN Login.
- 24/7/365 contact options.
We manage the entire supply chain and free clients from the aviation industry from logistics concerns. We focus on maximizing the efficiency of all processes so that the customer is satisfied with the final appearance of the aircraft cabin. KN InteriorChain solutions ensure full visibility, efficient operations and cost optimization. KN InteriorChain is a solution that meets all logistics requirements throughout the life cycle of materials used in aircraft interiors. Our end-to-end operations start with production and end with the final removal and disposal of the product at the end of its useful life.
The solution focuses on ensuring high standards for interior installation and renovation. Kuehne + Nagel delivers parts on schedule to the production line or to the MRO hangar.
- 24/7 global support through our dedicated AOG office network.
- Global warehouse network, certified in accordance with EN / AS 9100.
- Storage space, available 24/7, served by qualified aviation personnel with full access to our material management system. 360 ° certified logistics service
- Value-added services that go beyond standard logistics.
- Transparent prices to reduce complexity and provide our clients with greater certainty.
We are able to provide the world's leading logistics solutions, offering full engineering logistics for production. We have specialized knowledge in handling heavy parts, which allows manufacturers to conduct an economical and effective production process.
The KN SparesChain service allows our clients full visibility of the entire repair cycle, reduction of inventory levels and selection of strategies tailored to individual needs.
Our own ground support team (AOG) handles all procedures and runs them when needed. The service helps airlines focus solely on repairing damaged aircraft. We are responsible for coordinating transport, local customs and documentation.
The consolidation of many suppliers needed to equip an aircraft is a huge logistical challenge. Components such as seats or any systems must be moved from the factory to the aircraft manufacturer's premises. Thanks to our global network and many years of experience, we are able to consolidate all equipment needed by buyers. In this way, we avoid costly delays and implement projects in accordance with the budget and schedule.
The aviation industry is facing challenges such as the growing demands of emerging markets or rising commodity prices.
Kuehne + Nagel offers coordinating the entire supply chain. Our services help customers in the efficient acquisition, production and delivery of parts around the world. Thanks to this, clients can focus on their core business. We offer innovative supply chain management services. We use experience, proven processes, visibility and the ability to monitor activities through IT systems.
Integrated logistics in Kuehne + Nagel enables us to outsource services, leading to:
- Service level performance
- Lower transport, storage and management costs
- Reduced inventory level
- Effective exchange of best practices and continuous improvement of processes
- Flexibility and adaptability to changes
At Kuehne + Nagel, we are guided by the strategy of reducing costs and increasing production and distribution efficiency.
Our industry solution in the field of integrated logistics is our product KN Control Tower.
For more information, contact us.